Along with the tourism sector, cultural and creative industries are among the most affected by the current crisis. Since March 2020 these sectors are facing an uncertain situation due to the Corona pandemic and creatives are challenged in many different ways.
As part of the BAFA program, the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control promotes advice and coaching for freelancers and small companies suffering from the economic effects of the pandemic in order to restore their performance and competitiveness. These can be topics such as
- Due to the corona, I can no longer do my job and I would like to start something new
- My orders have plummeted and I feel compelled to realign myself
- I am unsure how I can combine my creative aspirations and the need to earn money
- I find it difficult to communicate and market myself and my ideas to the outside world
- I have a lot of ideas, but I don’t have the drive to implement them
- I would like to orientate myself conceptually differently with my work
- My motives and values in relation to work are changing and I want to create new framework conditions for them
Whether it is the routine that has crept in, one’s own operational blindness or new challenges, the unbiased view of an outsider can help to recognize entrenched structures and to point out new directions. Sometimes, especially with solo self-employed people, there is not enough time to deal comprehensively and intensively with changes.
As part of the BAFA funding program, I offer coaching in order to develop new professional perspectives together and to support their implementation. The coaching lasts 20 hours and can take place as a one-on-one consultation in my office in Berlin or by zoom / phone.
Up to 90% of the advice given is supported in Berlin for freelancers and companies that are directly affected by the consequences of Corona, depending on the location. BAFA differentiates between
- Young companies that have not been in the market for more than two years (young companies)
- Company from the third year after founding (existing company)
- Companies that are in economic difficulties – regardless of company age (companies in difficulties)
The time period for this service is 6 months and applications can be submitted until 31st December 2022.
Are you looking for ways to strategically realign your business or to develop creative ideas and new business areas? For any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.